In this lesson plan (one of 45 weekly lesson plans I created for my daughter Lexi), you'll find a complete, organized, easy to read and easy to implement homeschool preschool age 2 & 3 (24-48 months) toddler curriculum to teach with the theme Circles (Unit 2 Shapes).
Suggested Materials (Buy, Find, Substitute or Make)
- Bulletin board / other cutouts (see below)
- Weekly theme book selections
- Weekly coloring pages
- Sensory Letter Tubs (optional, nice to have)
- Ladybug counting cards
- Pancake making materials
- Vocabulary flashcards
- Montessori learning tower (optional, nice to have)
- Letter-based sensorial items such as magnetic letters, sandpaper letters
- Sand Tub for finger-tracing letters
- Cardstock or otherwise thick paper for button craft
- Muffin Tin
Suggested Cutouts(Make these cutouts for your weekly themed “bulletin board” and other setups for the week. You’ll use these visual aids throughout the week. Find these on the web, print & laminate them and store them when not in use. See activity list for more explanations.)
- “Today’s” date and “weather” labels
- Wheels / tires
- Moon or Sun
- Grapes (if indivudal grapes in picture very circular)
- Circles of various sizes (see below)
- Etc (however many as you'd like for your bulletin board)
Our Circle Time Sequence
- One song or fingerplay to quiet / focus the little one(s)
- What is today? (date, weather labels) (For age two this is rather quick as they don't really understand this yet but still nice for routine's sake)
- Today's message
- Review one letter (usually using the letter tubs, a sandpaper letter, flashcard or similar)
- Review one number (count to it)
- Songs - a few for funStory time - using the week's theme selections
- The sun (or moon) is round like a circle.
- A pancake (or pizza) is round like a circle.
- A circle is round.
- Let's walk in a circle today.
Language and Story Time
Song & Group Time
- The Wheels on the Bus