In this lesson plan (one of 45 weekly lesson plans I created for my daughter Lexi), you'll find a complete, organized, easy to read and easy to implement homeschool preschool age 24-48 months to teach with the theme PINK.
Suggested Materials (Buy, Find, Substitute or Make)
- Bulletin board / other cutouts (see below)
- Weekly theme book selections
- Weekly coloring pages
- Sensory Letter Tubs (optional, nice to have)
- Three Little Pigs cutouts (see link in activity list below)
- Montessory Pink Tower (optional, nice to have)
- Smoothie-making stuff - yogurt, strawberries, milk, ice
- Various pink toys (for example, Peppa Pig, pink playdoh, princesses, etc)
- Easy peel blue painters tape or similar for Montessori walking the line activity (see link below)
- Pink packing peanuts
- Peppa Pig puppets (see link below)
(Make these cutouts for your weekly themed “bulletin board” and other setups for the week. You’ll use these visual aids throughout the week. Find these on the web, print & laminate them and store them when not in use. See activity list for more explanations.)
- “Today’s” date and “weather” labels
- Pigs and wolf (see link in the activity list below)
- Various animals (for song time - Old MacDonald)
- Etc (however many as you'd like for your bulletin board)
Our Circle Time Sequence
- One song or fingerplay to quiet / focus the little one(s)
- What is today? (date, weather labels) (For age two this is rather quick as they don't really understand this yet but still nice for routine's sake)
- Today's message
- Review one letter (usually using the letter tubs, a sandpaper letter, flashcard or similar)
- Review one number (count to it)
- Songs - a few for fun
- Story time - using the week's theme selections
- [Flamingos, pigs, etc] are pink.
Language and Story Time
Book Basket: (search library or use these)
- Flora & The Flamingo, Molly Idle
- The Three Pigs, David Weisner
- The Small Brown Dog with the Wet Pink Nose, Stephanie Stuve-Bodeen
- Spoonbill Swamp, Brenda Guiberson
- Peppa Pig & the Muddy Puddles, Candlewick Press
- Peppa Pig, Fun with Friends, Candlewick Press
Song & Group Time
- Song: Old MacDonald Had a Farm, use the pig puppets and other farm animal visuals or felts. Try these here.
- Spoken Story: Three Little Pigs. Free puppet templates here.
- Letters I, J, K & L sensory tubs.
- Sensorial Bin 1: Montessori Pink Tower. Note: tons of extensions, this could be used for years.
- Sensorial Bin 2: Pink play-doh.
- Theme Shelf: Pink toys, pigs, Peppa Pig, etc
- Coloring Bin: Peppa printables, flamingo, spoonbill, traditional pig coloring pages.
- Craft Bin: Popsicle stick Peppa Pig puppets. Free templates here. Print on cardstock and laminate.
- Sensory Tub: Pink packing peanuts idea. See here. (Supervise small children at all times!)
- Practical Life Bin: Practice “walking the line”. Example here.
- Cooking: Strawberry yogurt, smoothies, etc.
- Math Bin: Piggie counting. Materials here.
- Fisher Price pig counting toy. (Good for fine motor skills too)
- Montessori Walking the Line activity with music and instruments.
SocialSelect 2-3 activities "out and about" each week.
- Kiddie gym
- Other: __________
- Other: __________
Check out Lexi's other Age 2 unit studies!
UNIT 1 - Colors
UNIT 2 - Shapes
- Triangles - coming soon!
- Rectangles - coming soon!
- Ovals - coming soon!
- Diamonds - coming soon!
- Stars - coming soon!
- Crescents - coming soon!
- Hearts - coming soon!
UNIT 3 - Animals
- Dogs - coming soon!
- Cats - coming soon!
- Birds - coming soon!
- Fish - coming soon!
- Bunnies - coming soon!
- Cows - coming soon!
- Chickens - coming soon!
- Horses - coming soon!
- Pigs - coming soon!
UNIT 4 - All About Me
- Eyes - coming soon!
- Nose - coming soon!
- Ears - coming soon!
- Mouth - coming soon!
- Legs & Feet - coming soon!
- Fingers & Hands - coming soon!
- Meal Time - coming soon!
- My Family - coming soon!
- Bath Time (and Hand Washing) - coming soon!
UNIT 5 - Seasonal (intersperse throughout your calendar year)
- Penguins (January) - coming soon!
- Friends (February) - coming soon!
- Flowers (March) - coming soon!
- Easter Eggs (April) - coming soon!
- Beach (June, July or August) - coming soon!
- Harvest (September) - coming soon!
- Pumpkins (October) - coming soon!
- Turkeys (November) - coming soon!
- Santa / Christmas Theme (December) - coming soon!